TWO MAIN UNITS: Press-center unit and Prevention unit
Organization of work process:
• Head office - 10 officers;
• National Services spokesmen (National police service,
National border police service, National gendarmerie service, National service for combating organized crime,
National fire and emergency service);
• Regional Ministry Directorate spokesmen (two spokesmen in Sofia-town Directorate of Ministry of Interior and one for each of 28 regional directorates).
• Information activities;
• National and regional PR campaigns;
• Relations with the public;
• EU integration and project management.
• Daily news bulletin;
• News and announcments;
• Press meetings arrangement /pressconferences, briefings etc./;
• Ministry's experts consultation for media events;
• 24 hours contact with regional and national media; Guidelines for working with media: transparency, on time provision of information and respect all media
• Legal initiatives /charmonization with the EU-acqui - Law for confiscation of illegal property etc. /;
• Preparations for Bulgaria joining the EU - cooperation with international organizations and NGO;
• National Strategy on combating crime - OLAF, Europol;
• National Anticorruption Strategy - Scotland Yard- Home office;
• National Strategy on combating drugs - NGO;
• Anti terrorism National Plan;
• Road safety.
EU integration project management:
• Implementing Anticorruption Strategy;
• Ministry of Interior's Communication Strategy;
• Community Policing Strategy;
• Protection of The Euro against counterfeiting;
• Bulgaria - external border of EU.
Updated on at Wednesday, June 13, 2007